Asia Connecting in conjunction with the Department of Education and Training Directorate are offering students from around the world an exciting opportunity to participate in the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) Government School’s Study Tour Program. The program offers exclusive experience combining invaluable education and cultural experiences for primary and secondary students right in the heart of Australia’s Capital City, Canberra.
About the program
The program offers students an insight into Canberra’s world class academic and rich cultural experiences, while enjoying the chance to visit the best tourism attractions a capital city could offer. Students will take part in real class room activities and get personally involved in experiencing the Australian life style through their stay with the Host Families, a good opportunity to improve their English skills and develop greater appreciation and understanding of Australia’s unique cultures.
Duration of the Program
Each program ranges from one to three weeks. However, it can be customised to suit the needs of visiting students and hosting schools. Larger groups can be hosted across a number of government schools.
Students are placed in a school nominated by the Department of Education and Training Directorate
- Minimum group size is 10 students
- Large groups can be hosted by two or more schools.
Minimum age is 10 years old
- Intensive English is taught at host school by a qualified English as Second Language (ESL) teachers
- Class room integration with local Australian students to ensure a valuable educational experience in an Australian class room
- International quality class room interactions and extra-curriculum activities.
- Possible lecture experience for older students at the Australian National University (ANU) and the University of Canberra (UC)
Students have the opportunity to:
- Immerse themselves in the diverse Australian cultures by interacting with teachers, classmates,
and homestay families.
- Stay with a local homestay family and experience authentic Australian family life.
- Explore Canberra through excursions to destinations of cultural, historical, and social interests, such as Parliament House, the Australia War Memorial, and the National Museum of Australia.
- As an optional extra, explore Sydney’s famous attractions, including the Sydney Opera House, Darling Harbour, Taronga Zoo and Manly Beach.
Accommodation – Homestay
Students will live with a caring and supportive family from the school community. Each homestay family will cater three meals a day (breakfast, lunch and dinner). On weekends, the student is invited to join in normal family activities to experience the Australian lifestyle whilst practising their English language skills. Homestay accommodation can also be arranged for accompanying teachers if required.
The cost of each Study Tour Program is based on the program length, academic content and selected activities. Please send us an enquiry email and one of our staff will provide you with a program itinerary and quotation within 3 working days.
Contact Details for More Information and Enquiries